PalmGine3D is a 3D game engine been done in a four month period using a structure based in Unity Engine with the implementation of audio engine Wwise, allowing to create 3D spatial audio with listeners, audio sources and audio reverb zones.
It allows to save and load scenes in binary format.
It allows to start, pause and stop the game-mode and manages the delta time of the objects in the scene.
Time manager contains:
Resources manager works this way:
Uses Wwise to read and reproduce audio banks.
- Audio source management: it handles position, orientation and speed (to account for doppler).
- Interactive music: allow us to change from track to track based on different factors like combat or dialog. Changing tracks must be picking the right moments and instruments, not just fading.
- Reverb: simulate how the audio bounced around.
- Doppler: how sound waves get more compacted / separated if the audio source is moving towards / away from us.
- Audio Effects: chorus, echo, distortion, delay, etc.